Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Forest Adventure 24 Jan 2016

I havent updated in a long time. Infact, last Sunday (24 Jan), I went for Forest Adventure at Bedok Reservoir with ZP and havent even blogged about it.

So we bought Groupon vouchers for the Forest Adventure cuz ZP saw it and wanted to go and JT's shoulder is injured and just nice I happened to mention in passing that I wanted to overcome my fear of heights becuse it is my dream to go rock climbing. Like my bucket list. So they were so excited and said I could go for the Forest Adventure with ZP!!

I was so scared about it seriously. Kinda funny though. Initially we booked for 17Jan and everything was nicely booked (online) and we went there.. only to be told that the Groupon voucher had a specific time slot and we didnt pick the time slot. And also, the time slot for that day was full so we couldnt go for it. So we basically made the appointment for the next week at the Groupon voucher timeslot (11.30 to 2pm i think).

So anyway it was kinda a blessing in disguise cuz we got to walk around and see people doing it and it kinda calmed me down a little cuz the harness is damn secure one. And also there isnt any 'fall' if you slip. You can just bend your knees a little and you are already at the max of the harness. Which is damn safe and good for me cuz I was so worried I would fall and not be able to climb back up.

So we walked around the sites and looked at them and I got less scared

So anyway then we went off home after lunch, since we were knda exhausted from waking up early and getting excited/scared.

The next week, 24Jan, we metup again for the actual Forest Adventure and I was so scared I couldn't sleep well. Even though I knew it was secure. I just kept fearing I would fall!!

So we reached and went through a briefing which told us how to secure ourselves (Red on!) and how to land for the ziplines. Basically there were 4 sites and when you finish Site 1 you actually take a zipline (flying fox!!) over to Site 2!! And so on. Favourite part of the Forest Adventure is definitely the ziplne! Though my landing always very cmi. I got sand all over myself and even in my clothes.

The instructors are not really at the sites but seriously, it is safe. I mean I have a fear of heights and I didnt even scream THAAAAAT much. That said, I did cheat alittle on one of the obstacles by swinging across half of the obstacle.

But still!! Because the harness was so secure, I ACTUALLY ENJOYED MYSELF!! Though I did cheat quite abit by relying on the harness instead of standing straight and balancing myself.

The scariest part is probably the Tarzan Jump, a jump from about a height of 12m? I also dunno la. Some say 12m some say 8m. Whatever la hor, basically u jump and it swings you to a spiderweb thing for your to climb up and onto the platform. But there is a freefall of about 2secs. We were soo scared and eventually we jumped cuz the girl was coming up and only 3 people per platform so we hadta go. Definitely screamed but it wasnt as bad as i expected!! Proud of myself!

Oh and the harness and safety etc? ALL BY OURSELVES. The obstacles, the ziplines, the tarzan jump, all of them we secure ourselves using the carabiner ourselves and undo them ourselves.

That's why they had the 'Red on', which is whenever we are at a platform we have to have our red coloured line with the carabiner hooked onto the red line at the platform. It's like we are responsible for ourselves. I very scared heights so CONFIRM red on immediately!! Also, everything I hook myself I will go 'Red on!!" and ZP will be like ok!! So it was quite fun

In fact I liked it so much I wanna go back again!! This time to do less cheating and really balance myself instead of relying on the harness.

All in all I think it's super fun and definitely worth it. That said, I bought Groupon voucher la so it was cheaper. Think the original price quite steep. Bad thing was there isnt really shower facilities except the typical toilet at parks. I mean there IS a shower but it is open, in the female toilet but not in cubicle. And anyway I didnt bring towel so.. wiped myself with wet wipes and baby powdered myself and that was it.

I would love to go back again!(:

No comments: