Sunday, January 24, 2016

First Bike Pract!

So I finally woked up enough courage to enrol for bike lessons again and yesterday was my first pract!! Didnt blog about it earlier cuz I was so exhausted. Super eventful day.

So early morning I woke up (I booked the earliest slot, 8.15 AM. I KNOW I KNOW, that is so not me. But I thought it would be better anyway cuz not so hot plus should not be THAT many people, less embarassing and self concious u'kno) and prepared and left house. My shoes I wore was a pair of sneakers bought during Year 3. I mentioned to my mummy the night before that dunno whether it will break on me anot..

So since I didnt have breakfast at home so decided to go to Cheers near bus interchange to buy bread before going to bus inter to take 856 to SSDC. So walked with my sis and everything was fine. At Cheers we parted cuz she gonna take MRT to work. So I stepped into Cheers and felt a funny sensation on my right feet. Looked down and... my sole was coming off. Just great. So I bought Superglu and Chicken Pau. And by that time the whole sole dropped off so I just held it in my hand and walked out.

Went outside of Cheers and sat at the little ledge to glue back my soles. My left side also half dropped so I ripped it out so it was easier to glue. Used up the whole tube of glue, pressed down real hard.. AND IT DID NOT STICK. Don't think it was the glue's fault tho. The sole inside is like boxbox de, so the surface area damn little.

No choice, called my mum to help me bring my sports shoes down to the nursing home there (I walk halfway she walk halfway). Went there and got niam by my mum cuz I already wondering whether it will break why I still wear etcetc.

Withdrew money and cabbed down to SSDC cuz confirm late if I went to take bus.

There, I just felt really awkward and uncomfortable. And OMG THE KNEE AND ELBOW PADS STANK!! LIKE REALLY HORRIBLE SWEAT SMELL. U know sometimes sweat is described as manly sweat? DEFINITELY NOT THAT SMELL. ITS THOSE OMG WTF THIS HAS BEEN DIPPED IN SWEAT AND LEFT THERE TO BAKE kind of smell.

So.. the sizes also damn cute. All XL. So anyway while I went back to choose smaller pads (Didnt find smaller ones), the class started so they all went out already. Panicked and went back in to wear my pads and rushed out.

So for 1st time bike pract only had me and another guy. Quite heng cuz I was afraid got alot of people then I pull them down cuz i slow etc.

The instructor looked at me and said I gotta take the lower seat one so I went to the one he pointed out. He asked the guy to release the bike from mainstand and walk the bke backwards to a black line. The guy made it look EFFORTLESS. So my turn. And I couldnt. After like more than 5 times of pushing I finally managed to push it off the mainstand. AND IT PROMPTLY DROPPED cuz once I release I brake and it bo balance.

I PUSH PUSH PUSH ALSO CANT BRING THE BIKE UP LA!! Finally the instructor pull from the other side as well. Then I wheel the bike back.

Everything ok except the bike is kinda hard to control cuz heavy. Also maybe cuz we didnt progress much. HAHAHAHA. I kept looking down and the instructor kept telling me DONT LOOK DOWN LOOK INFRONT!!

And the instructor, I think trying to give me a confidence boost, told me that I'm fun-sized that's why I cant control the bike that well. He said if I were bigger I would probably be quite good at controlling. Woohoo!! Think he just trying to make me feel better la.

The other guy was also very encouraging so it wasn't as bad as my worst nightmare. However.. last time I can bring the bike back up when it fell de leh!!:( This time my bike fell twice and both times the instructor gotta help me pull from the other side as well.. All along release from mainstand I abit CMI la so.... haha

Anyway then finally to mini circuit!! Quite fun but abit scary cuz when I panic my mind goes blank and I forget the steps.

And I kept looking down so the instructor kept telling me stop looking down!!! But this instructor really nice so I'm really lucky. Tony told me some instructors abit guailan one.. So I'm glad I didn't kena on my 1st pract else there might not be a second!! 0.o

Finally finished and took off the smelly pads and OMG my arms stinks from it!! Actually my whole body stink cuz I sweated SO MUCH. I DEFINITELY WANNA BUY MY OWN KNEE AND ELBOW PADS. I told my mum about it and she agreed that I should as well, cuz I got sensitive skin

After everything went to book next pract. And cancelled my RTT cuz it clashed with school. BUT THE RTT DATES ONLY FEB HAVE AND IT CLASHED WITH SCHOOL AGAIN. I checked the rest of the months and the whole year got no more RTT??? Think the dates not out yet.

So now I'm debating whether to go for RTT and then cab down to school for the last part or not.

Anyway after that I was gonna go home. On the way back at Northpoint I bought 2 big cartons of Coconut Water and a pack of Calbee Hot and Spicy chips.

And at yishun bus inter I suddenly realised... I DIDNT BRING MY KEYS OUT. Called my mum and told her I needed to go find her to get her keys so I could go home.

So from Yishun bus inter I took 39 and bussed down to Pasir Ris just to get the keys from my mummy. Bussed back again and when I reached home I was SO EXHAUSTED. I was already so exhausted from pract and then after that I travelled about half of Singapore. AND WITH 2 HUGE CARTONS OF COCONUT WATER AND A BAG OF CHIPS. AND WITH MY HELMET.

Eventful ttm.

Booked my next pract for next Friday but I'm really scared cuz I'm so damn weak. And I'm aching all over today like an old lady.

I HOPE I PASS AND GET MY LICENSE IN ONE TRY AND BY THIS YEAR!! But most of all I hope I got the courage to persevere at my bike practicals.

No comments: