Thursday, January 7, 2016

2015 Review & 2016 Resolutions

Been almost a month since I last blogged.

Guess this post will be freaking long since it would include my review of 2015 as well as my thoughts for 2016.

Generally in 2015 I cant remember by the months. In fact I cant remember much except maybe the trips I went on and the events I went to (runs and swim).

So I went for quite afew runs in 2015.. most memorable ones should be Run for Light, Green Corridor Run, Sundown 2015 and Straits Times Run 2015?

In Jan 2015 I went for one of my favourite runs, Run for Light!! It's kinda like a charity run for guide dogs so there was registration for dogs as well!! So like during the runs u can actually see dogs on the way dressed in cute clothes!!

After the run there was an open air concert with a live band. Absolute love!! Just sitting on the slightly damp grass with just the stars above listening to music. Also, a cute little white doggie licked me and I was so happy 'cuz its soooooo cute!!

Then in March it was the Green Corridor Run which was running on a totally different trail from what I am used to running on..It was on grass and sandy/uneven/rocky land and it was fun!! The shirt was nice too so that was an added little bonus. Have already signed up for Green Corridor Run 2016 but the shirt this year seems ugly though it's the last Green Corriodor Run ever. 'Cuz it will be closed for making the MRT line.

Then came the 2 bigger distances for the year. Sundown and Straits Times Run.

21km and 18.45km. Nothing impressive, didn't train. But timing not suuuuuper jialat so, still proud of my completion. However for Straits Times Run finally for the first time in the year I had people to run with.

Also, I finished first and stood near the finishing line to cheer Jolene and Ruth when they ran past. I always wished for someone to do that for me so i just HAD to do it for them!!

Then my most memorable event of the year would be the Swim for Hope 2015. 10Oct-12Oct

It was difficult. I had panic attacks, I had to stop afew times because I couldnt breathe 'cuz I was panicking badly. But nonetheless, over a span of about 2hours at each Safra, I clocked:
Yishun Safra: 80 laps
Mount Faber Safra: 60 laps
Jurong Safra: 70 laps
Toa Payoh Safra: 60 laps
Tampines Safra: 30 laps (Because my friend and I spent more than 1 hour sitting in the changing room talking)

Yishun and Mount Faber I went alone. The other 3 was with my friend.

That's a total of 300laps which is 15km!! My proudest event in 2015(:

All in all it was really fun having a friend along and I think we clicked well then. (Note: used the word Then because now seems to have changed abit. More about it later)

However after that event, due to things we said/discussed during our lunch/dinner and etc, some things happened and I got confronted by Tony and found out that probably his mum and brother are judging me. Of course Tony as well.

Supposedly there was supposed to be a meetup to talk these out but somehow it never happened. Hurhur. If Tony hadn't confronted me and I hadnt found out from him some stuff.. I wouldnt have known.. Now things are still as per normal they behave as per normal. But I cant stop myself from looking at them and being reminded of it.



Anyway. 2015 brought me to Brunei (Apr-May), HongKong (Jul), Port Dickson (Jul), Batam (Sep), and Port Dickson again (Dec).

Brunei I went over to visit Tony. Omg seems like such a long time ago. Had fun just basically driving around, eating, and nuaing. Nothing much to do in Brunei. But I did get to play ATV which was fun tho I was kinda scared until the ending portion then I became abit less scared. Just had a good time resting. Also, I fell sick with sore throat and fever and for the first time, Tony took care of me when I was sick. Somehow when I'm major sick he never seemed to be around so it was really nice to have him bring and force panadol onto me. (Major sick as in fever. Anything less I generally don't see doctor so I dont consider anything less as major sick. Even when I'm coughing my lungs out it's not bad enough to see doc)

Hongkong was with Tony's family and his bro's gf. Okay trip, not exactly amazing. Not bad either, I really enjoyed walking last and just enjoying watching the interaction between his bro and his bro's gf. They are the cutest sweetest couple yet no pda. That's amazing it's just you can really see how cute and sweet they are through their bickering and caring for each other.

Port Dickson (Jul) was just me Tony and his bestie AM. No full name spelt out for anyone except Tony 'cuz I don't want my blog to be stumbled upon. Prefer it to be confidential except to those who already know my blog. Anyway!! It was WAY FUN. Actually went work on the Thursday with my fat bag with cuddly inside. I even showed my colleague cuddly and she just sighed and shake head. Hahahaha but she knows I have cuddly and I love cuddly so it's fine(:

I remembered I hadta OT or smt so eventually rushed over to Woodlands by Cab which i KO-ed in. Met AM and then bought disposable undies and cabbed to checkpoint and over to the Caltex at JB checkpoint!! Off to Melacca for our 1 night stay and then in the day was the trip to PD!!

I absolutely LOOOOOOVE Lexis Hibiscus!! (So much that I went again in Dec.. But ok control. No more. It will get boring if gone too much)

Water sports was major loooooves!! (Unfortunately we couldnt find the same beach in Dec and went to another which I didnt enojy:( Sadded.)

Basically it was a nice relaxing little trip to a beautiful resort in Port Dickson and we were really reluctant to leave.

Batam was with AM for her birthday treat from me and Tony and it was at Turi Beach Resort!! Nice place, a little ulu in the sense if you wanna cab out it's alittle troublesome and ex. Otherwise, still beautiful and they had nice little huts to rest in or take pictures in. Nice but always taken. Also had a hammock!! Which I was so excited about and since AM wasn't keen on climbing onto one I decided to show her how fun it could be!!

But I jumped on in my attempt to make it look fun and the stupid hammock flipped. LIKE IT TOTALLY FLIPPED AND I FELL BELOW IT STILL HOLDING ONTO IT. AM was so shocked she  just stood there and stared with a very shocked face. But I started laughing out of confusion and embarassment and then she started laughing at me also. All in all still fun but my 2nd attempt she held the hammock for me. And also she refused to climb on to take picture after my extremely fail 1st attempt.

And at night we fed mozzies. Like we totally couldnt sleep we spent till maybe till 3am or smt trying to hit the mozzies. Eventually I hid as best as I could under the blankets (they still manage to bite) and AM gave up and hang her arms outside and just sleep. And she had more than 50 bites while I had more than 20. Terrible. We read reviews about the mozzies but didnt have issues until nighttime. So in the day we didnt think to buy at all. (We forgot to bring)

PD (Dec) was just recently and it was Tony, me, AM, his bro jt, his bro's gf zp and another friend sy.

So basically due to a combination of being on the pill (which I sincerely believe caused my emotional roller coaster), all the previous quarrels and my basic insecurities, I was EXTREMELY GRUMPY as well as quite emo at times.

So 1st we went to ipoh (again after work at about 9pm we started driving up). But otw there our tire punctured. Like seriously the car was abit out of control and Tony was totally silent. JT told us to hold on and ZP kinda flew infront so I held her (I was seated behind her). Apparently Tony had extremely good control of the car so nothing MAJOR happened (read: clash with car/crash). But apparently we ALMOST hit a car. Anyway finally stopped at roadside and almost immediately a car stopped infront of us and STARTED REVERSING TOWARDS US. So we moved back and the person came out and attempted to help.

Initially we thought the person was either government or towing related 'cuz he had reflective sticker on his car and reflective tag on his clothes. He helped to take the spare out but THE STUPID SPARE GOT NO AIR ONE.

And his tow truck came soon after but the car rental company said that they would not reimburse unless it was a tow truck by the car rental company so we tried to send the guy and the tow truck away. The tow truck went off soon after but the guy refused to go 'cuz he said he helped so he wasn't leaving without money. So initially he asked for RM150 which Tony and jt refused. The girls were quite ready to pay up if necessary but the guys were like it's a matter of principles etcetc so ookaaaayy. Because SY was a malaysian and the only one who can speak malay, she was doing the talking with the guy so I was most worried for her. I mean confirm attack her first right 'cuz she's nearest.

She also mentioned that the guy was getting impatient when after he reduced to RM120 we still refused to pay. Eventually at RM80 we managed to send him away.

After that the car rental company tow truck came and conclusion was needed to buy new tires so Tony and SY went off with them to get the tires which the rest of us continued standing by the road shoulder. All in all we spent more than 2 hours at the road shoulder.

Also, the whole puncture thing was apparently most likely to have been a syndicate thing, like they drop a nail and then rip off the people (explains the very fast help from the guy). Apparently if u really went with them to their workshop u can expect not to be able to leave unless you pay like RM400 and above.

After that we finally checked in at 7am. As opposed to our plan of 4am. Slept for 2hrs and off to temple cave and walkwalk.

Nothing very interesting except that Tony lied to me saying GOT VERY NICE GARDEN AT THE TOP. His pants confirm on fire lor 'cuz the view was TERRIBLE.

Nonetheless got abit of workout climbing those steep stairs so alrighty.

OTW to PD I was really grumpy and all. Think ZP's impression of me totally dipped 'cuz after that it seemed like she didnt speak to me much. Not sure if I'm being paranoid or thinking too much. Checked in and then when everyone was on their own I decided to go for a little walk myself. Mostly because I was feeling really emo. Like thought through my rs with Tony (and had no conclusion), thought through about how much of a bitch I was, and also about my friends in general. How I dont really have friends I can call besties.

Water sports the next day was at a different beach which I dislike. Tony and AM cut their feet and my big toe got ngiap by a little crab. Water sports itself wasn't all that fun. Didnt have the airhead from the previous beach.

Stargazing was beautiful but not superb. Nice but not those which I would like to see. Milky way and etc, nope. Just quite afew stars. The moon was absolutely bright and a little too bright.. was a little annoying.

Went walkwalk with Tony and AM.. and felt better. Surprisingly I feel so comfortable with the 3 of us. With all 6 I was just uncomfortable. Maybe because I feel they are judging me. I might be overthinking it. Dont really care abt SY actually. I know out of the 3 girls I am last to her but that's fine. Mostly I care about what ZP thinks ba. ohgoodness I sound like a les. Just that she's so nice.. if she thnks badly about me I must be really terrible. Also, I really like her as a person so really didnt want her to think badly of me. Too late alr I guess. I behaved like a brat and bitch the whole trip.

ANYWAY!! So had a good walk and we came to the conclusion that AM's wedding will be held in Lexis Hibiscus with the march-in being the WHOLE PANORAMA with the super old school wedding march in song as the first. Also, the march in will be 1hr long 'cuz the corridor damn long. Hoverboards will be used after awhile and will have breaks for drinks. And also the drinks served at her wedding will only be 4 types.
Ice milo, Coke, Milk and plain water. HAHAHAHA her favourite drinks!!

That kinda sums up the PD trip.


Oh and also in 2015 I finally started studying again. Enrolled at UniSIM, Psychology, Parttime degree. Not exactly what I wanted (I wished for NTU Psychology fulltime but too stupid couldn't get in)

My 1st exams was quite cui 'cuz during my last few days of chionging (I didnt study till less than 1 week before my exams), I had a major quarrel with Tony and generally spent the whole time crying. Not much studying done so 2 modules were just pass. Hope it was a wakeup call for me 'cuz if I were to continue like this I CANT GET INTO THE HONOURS DEGREE AND I BADLY WANT TO!!

Studying after so long aint easy and aint fun. However at least I dont have to worry about the extremely 'adult-ish' stuff like career. So thats good.





In 2016..
I hope to exercise more, definitely.
I hope to be happier and be less emo. I care too much about what people might think of me and get upset at what I THINK people MIGHT BE THINKING about me.
I hope to complete my full marathon beautifully
I hope to have the courage to go for my bike lessons again
I hope to be generally healthy
I hope for great health for my mummy

No comments: