Thursday, January 21, 2016

The Drama Family: 爷爷 Hospitalisation and eldest daughter

So.. my father's side of the family has always been the Drama family. I remember when my grandma passed away and Deanna came to her wake and she mentioned casually that every family there will be one side which is quite drama and I was like "Ya it's this family lor!!"

Haha. Even during the funeral there was drama. But ohwell, what is over is over, no need to bring up old stories. Except when with my mum and sis and we joke about the incidents.

Anyway. So yeye got hospitalised on Wednesday night due to pains and loss of appetite. Turns out he has Urinary Tract Infection.

Supposedly we were all supposed to go and have a huge reunion on the 24th to meet up with his eldest daughter and ex wife from his previous marriage. Ya suddenly pop up that he has another daughter from another marriage and his ex wife is still alive (apparently she is younger than my own grandma). Apparently my grandma hated it when this was brought up so it was never brought up. And since my grandma passed away about 1.5 years ago, my yeye wanted a reunion with EVERYBODY.

And supposedly this has been discussed ever since my grandma passed away. But it has never happened because somehow here not free there not free and suddenly no more news. Not that I even knew much about it till recently.

But now that my yeye is in hospital, we are wondering whether the reunion will happen. Note: We/ most of us/them don't even wanna reunion. Supposedly my yeye wants his children to call his ex wife "da ma". Big mother. Like wth?? Hello it's not like my grandma is the xiao lao po. She's your 2nd wife after you divorced your first wife. That's your EX WIFE. Why should your children from your 2nd marriage have to call a stranger da ma?? BTW, my yeye is super MCP (Male chauvinist pig). Same as my dad. You know the saying. 上梁不正下梁歪.

But anyway so now that my yeye is hospitalised, we are all wondering whether the 'reunion' will still be on. And yeye still talks about it as if it will still happen.

So I heard that yeye wants everybody to just go ahead and meetup and  each other. Like wha-at?? Ya. Because you know what he says we should listen. So anyway don't know what will happen and whether it is cancelled. Stupid right if my yeye is the one who wants to meet and noone else in interested but we continue and go ahead just cuz he wants. What is the point of fulfilling his wish for reunion if he aint there?

Was talking with my mum and my sis and we were saying omg this is so taiwanese drama material!! And then I started singing the front part of the "I ask heaven" song from that taiwan drama Ai. And then my mum and sis laughed and said omg during the 'reunion' I should sing that while on the way to eat!! Ya.


Anyway also turns out that my yeye has quite a big tumor at his liver. But seriously speaking, what can be done, I really don't know. He is 92. What can they do?

But apparently he insists he has the same cancer as Lee Hsien Loong. And my mum who heard laughed and said no la nothing has been confirmed yet and he got SO SELF RIGHTEOUS and told my mum NO LA YOU DON'T KNOW ONE. IT'S MY BODY OF COURSE I KNOW I GOT THAT CANCER. And say until my mum is oh-so-stupid for not knowing and not believeing him. Hel-lo?? Then how come after you learnt you got tumor then you know you got this cancer leh?? Before that your tumor is there but you dunno??

Ya. He doctor ma. My uncle also doctor ma. Everytime my uncle comes to visit he says he wants my uncle to help him treat his illness. Ya if my uncle so lihai can treat and heal your illness you don't need come hospital already la. I literally roll eyes everytime he says that. (fyi: my uncle is traditional chinese medicine doctor or something. But still-.-)

Nonetheless I hope for good health for my grandpa and if/when it is really his time to go I hope it is painless and peaceful.

(Ya I am not very close to that side of the family. Tho they always say my yeye love me the most but his actions sometimes really makes me just wanna roll eyes or just get pissed off when he gives that irritating face)

No comments: