Friday, February 5, 2016

3rd Bike Pract (Still Lesson 1)

So today was my 3rd bike pract, still on lesson 1. I'm seriously doubting whether I can even finish it in 4 lessons. I mean it's already my 3rd lesson and I just got to go the big round.. and not good at it somemore.

So anyway today I reached and started putting on my guards and etc.. and the guy whom I same lesson with the past 2 lessons came and said hi. So okay, he will be in the same lesson as me as well, nice!

Then after that went out and split into our respective areas. Almost dropped the bike while pushing it back and the instructor hadta help me. The instructor from my 1st lesson! I don't remember his name but remember his face and he is a nice instructor!

Then after that basically went around the mini-circuit until the instructor thinks we are ready and plucks the ready people out for the big round. And the guy got plucked out while I still in the mini circuit because my braking and control etc not good.

So about 4 or 5 of them went to the big round with an instructor and another instructor stayed to take care of afew of us. I remember got like 3 of us leh but after that eventually only me and another guy got plucked to go for the big round. So in the big round we learnt to change gear till gear 4.

However during the corners I was like super nervous la!! One of the corner I went alittle into the opposite lane (opposite direction) and there was a car coming (slowly) and I faster managed to go back into my lane..
The funny thing was that the lady in the car seemed more shocked and scared than me when I swerved into her lane a little. Maybe she scared she bang into me.. I guess if I were her I would be scared too.. like FUCK WHY ARE YOU IN MY LANE OMG GET OUT DONT HIT DAO!!

Also learnt to stop, signal, check back, and move off. And then cancel signal. I tell you my brain was gonna explode because SO MANY THINGS TO DO AND I CANT REALLY MULTITASK WELL!! Wound up telling myself what to do. I tend to talk to myself, tell myself the steps so that I will be able to be more calm.

Like I will talk to myself like "Ok signal. Check back? Ok. Go. Ok. Change to gear 2.... and cancel signal"
Like I need to tell myself what to do else I will totally panic. Infact when changing gear I also talk to myself "ok close throttle.. Change to gear 2! Eh why got jerk. Ok slow down got corner. Got car? No car. Ok look at road dont look at mirror."

ALL THE FREAKING TIME.

Also, because there are 'side roads' so other bikers some are coming from the side (learning different things), so once, for me was a straight road but for the other biker he was supposed to stop at the stop line, check for traffic (me), then move off. And I dunno he didnt see me or what, he started to move off. AND I TOTALLY PANICKED AND ALMOST PULLED IN THE CLUTCH. Omg that could have been bad.

Omg I was kinda traumatised for awhile and then infront got corner already. Wah that 1 really scared me..

Eventually time's up and the instructor stopped me and told me to wheel the bike back and park on mainstand. So.. walked the bike (with much difficulty) and proceed to put on mainstand. AND CAN!! WOOHOO!! The instructor of a different class was beside me (I think incase the bike fall if I no balance) and he told his class "See? Small small size also can put on mainstand, because her technique is correct!"
Wah happy die me. First time someone say my technique correct. Somemore managed to put bike on mainstand in 1 try!!

And was happy that when releasing bike from mainstand (in the morning), I manage to do it and didn't drop the bike!! However, I think is cuz the instructor help me steady the bike. I think if I dropped the bike I still cant push it back up.

Went back to sit down to wait for our booklets and sat behind the guy (who progressed faster than me already!). He smiled and then told me he fell when he was doing some cornering thing (I haven't gotten to that stage yet). Really glad to have him cuz he is so friendly!! But I think next lesson probs not same as him alr, sian. I mean he prob also progress faster than me la but still. It's calming to have someone so nice and encouraging talk to you before and after lessons. Not like we talk much anyway. Just 1 or 2 sentences. But nonetheless. Comforting.

Anyway so instructor returned my booklet and told me because I'm on my 4th Lesson 1 next time, so it will be FOC!!! HOW COOL IS THAT RIGHT!! Actually I think because generally people take 2-3 lessons to pass but 'cuz I'm STILL STRUGGLING so that's what the school does. Like 4th lesson free, 5th lesson pay, 6th lesson free and so on. Of course I hope I don't need to go till 6th la!! And best thing is the dates are more!! In the end also choose next Friday, no diff. Because the rest of the days really packed for me.

I seriously hope I can and will persevere even though I am quite demoralised at my own skills (or rather, lack of skills). Anyway the whole reason why I am blogging all my bike lessons is 'cuz I hope one day I will get my license and look back on my bike lesson blogposts fondly and laugh at myself.


AND I GOT 4 FREAKING ASSIGNMENTS DUE THIS MONTH, IN A SPAN OF 2 WEEKS. WTF LA. One of the assignments even due on CNY DAY 1. HOW CRUEL CAN SCHOOL BE SIA!!

If that isn't bad enough, Tony is coming back and just nice the period is exactly in my 4 assignment deadlines. AND I AM GOING TO DESARU AND ONE OF THE DEADLINES IS ON MY TRIP. Just my luck seriously.

And worst thing is I got no mood.

No comments: