Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Compressport Corridor Run 2016

Today is like blogging day. 3 posts in a day. But overdue so.. have to!!

Anyway 31 Jan was my Compessport Corridor Run!! First run of the year. Quite a interesting way to start my runs for the year cuz it was certainly different. I mean I ran this route before. The opposite way, but the route I have gone through before, last year for the Green Corridor Run 2015. So I know generally how it is like, but life likes to throw curveballs(:

Went there and the place was wet and muddy. Think it rained or something and all the soil was just terribly muddy and everybody had to walk at the side. If you walked in the centre your shoe will sink in.

My new shoes!! Quite sad initially cuz I havent even worn these shoes more than 10 times and here I am dipping them into mud.

But race started and everybody was walking past the starting line because there was SO MUCH MUD AHEAD. Infact I dont think I started running until at least 700m after the starting point? And the thing is.. right after you start running, there is a mud pile again so you gotta stop again..

The mud was really watery and smooth so it went into all the grooves of my soles of my shoes and I almost slipped and fell countless of times because it was SO SLIPPERY!! Basically this run had me trying to balance myself like 3/4 of the time.

That wasn't the worst part. We came to a part where suddenly there were alot of people standing and NOT MOVING. Was wondering why until I realised there was a huge puddle. I mean really huge. So everybody was walking at the sides in single file so it bottlenecked. Some people (like 2 or 3) decided to just wade through the water and trust me, the water is at their shin area. NO KIDDING! I slipped alittle so my right foot stepped into the muddy water and I was quite pissed initially. After that I was like ah forget it. Dirty jiu dirty. Gotta wash anyway.

Alot of people also climbed up to the roads and then joined back again after, but still, when they came back down some slipped. So.. still dirty. Haha.

Finally reached the ending point at Tanjong Pagar railway station and off home!! Was exhausted and smelt terrible. Think although i jogged less than other 10km runs but I definitey sweated more. One reason cuz of the terrain and another cuz of the timing. Like WHO THE HELL STARTS A 10KM RUN AT 9PLUS?! Stupid ttm. I mean the sun is up and scorching!!! But we were quite lucky, the sun didnt come up will about halfway? So I didnt get the uneven tan because I was wearing sleeves. Didnt get tanned but thats fine.

It was really a great way to start my run of the year though because it is so different!! I must say it was a good experience even though I kena a hugeass bruise from scratching my leg against a stone table. I didnt expect a bruise since it was a scratch but then the scratch popped up and the side all kena blueblack. Quite disgusting somemore, got the purple dots. Yucks ttm.

Next run is in March, Winter Run (postphoned from 2015 which I was so angry. How to WINTER run in March?? No feel!!!) and Green Corridor Run!! Eggcited.

No comments: