Tuesday, June 28, 2011

finished reading "Somebody Else's Kids" from 1 of my fav author-Torey Hayden

this is a part which really touched me

"I don't see why people bother to care about anything. All it does is hurt you in the end. All you did was make me like you and now I wish I never did because I don't want to miss you. I spend my whole fucking life missing people. I'm never going to like anybody again."

"You're right there. It does hurt. Loving people always does hurt. It's part of the deal, I think."

"It hurts too much. It isn't worth it. I'm never going to like anybody again. Then I don't have to worry."

I watched him huddled on the floor of the closet.

"Yes, Tom, you're right about that too. If you never love anybody, you'll never have a broken heart. But Tom, that's not what hearts were made for."

No comments: