Thursday, April 7, 2016

2XU Compression Run 2016!

My first ever 2XU run! Never joined it because I always felt 2XU is kinda.. more serious sports-people type. I mean just look at the 2XU compression leggings!! Expensive ttm so only those really serious ones would wear them!

*ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED! 19KM WITHOUT STOPPING!*

So anyway I was so busy with assignments before the run, and because I was so lazy way before that, I didn't train at all.

It was on Sunday 03 April and so on thursday I went down for some serious lastmin training. Intended to jog a 5km but just before hitting 5km, my inner right knee started to hurt. And I NEVER felt that kind of pain before. I don't mean its excruciating. It isn't. But I never had pain on my inner knee before so I was quite concerned.

So I stopped since I was reaching 5km anyway, and went up to rest.
On Friday I went down again for another last minute jog, my last one because Sat I intended to rest for my run on Sunday.
But less than 2km into my jog, my right inner knee started to hurt again. And it got progressively worse so I stopped before I even reached 2km.

So by then I was alittle worried because that could totally happen during my run and I didn't wish for it to happen.

Anyway, Sunday came and I woke up with an uncomfortable stomach. I ate alot of chilli on Friday and sufferred on Saturday already but I didn't think it would drag till Sunday.

So I was already not on form because I didn't train, I had knee pain, and I had stomachache.

So anyway went and the run started. And less than 1km into the run, my right inner knee pain kicked in. Which made me so worried but was tolerable so okay, I continued jogging.

And then about 12km I started having really bad stomachaches. Like my hair totally stand type. I really wanted to stop but I knew if I stopped I cant start again so I pushed on.

AND AMAZINGLY I MANAGED TO JOG 19KM WITHOUT STOPPING!! (except at hydration stations but once I drink fnish I jog again)

It is really amazing because I think the max I ever jogged without stopping was like 13 or 14km. And this time it is 19km!! But honestly I was quite upset because if not for my stomachache (which was what made me stop and it was so painful I couldn't jog again till the finishing line whr I just had to sprint across. But other than that I walked from 19km to near finishing line), I would totally have been able to complete 21.1km WITHOUT STOPPING. I know I could. Because amazingly my legs weren't tired and burning. It was the most amazing run so far in the sense that my legs didnt hurt/burn Except my knee. and I think PRECISELY BECAUSE of my knee, I focused all my energy on my knee and ensuring I land properly so I dont make it worse, and my stomachache, which made it such that I didn't realise any burning in my legs.

But the thing is also, the next day I didnt have any muscle pains in my calves or thighs as well though. Not sure what happened to me why my legs so power this time. Haha.

Rushed to toilet after the run and semi-diarrhea-ed. I think I am totally amazing for being able to persevere with that kind of stomach pain!! Woohoo! Even after going toilet it still hurt like hell so I totally wished for a cab but there was a queue and no cab. So mrt-ed back and went toilet another twice. Ate meds and sleeeeeep.

And got my run results!! Nett time 2hr57min08s. BEST 21.1KM TIMING SO FAR!! PROUD OF MYSELF!!

But unfortunately, its already Wed and my knee still hurts.

No comments: